MS-500: Microsoft 365 Security Administration
Microsoft 365 Security Administrators are skilled and knowledgeable in working in the Microsoft 365 environment and can protect user information, identify threats, manage the security and compliance issues of their organizations. These professionals can collaborate with Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrators and the stakeholders of the organizations to plan and implement strategies for providing security according to the policies of the organization. Training and certification in Microsoft 365 Security Administration MS-500 Exam will help candidates in the preparation process and pass the exam successfully.
MS-500 Exam Preparation Training
Unichrone provides a detailed understanding of the Microsoft workloads, along with instructions for identifying threats and conducting threat analyses which are according to the organizational policies. Our highly qualified instructors will guide candidates through the course outline and provide hands-on experience in using the Microsoft 365 workloads. After completing this MS-500 Exam preparation training course, Microsoft 365 Security Administrators will have a better comprehension of user access and identity, implementing and managing compliance and governance in Microsoft 365. They will learn skills to identify threats and formulating strategies to protect user-information while working in a Microsoft 365 environment.
Key Features of Microsoft 365 Security Administration Certification Training
Our MS-500 Exam training and certification course allow candidates who have a working knowledge of the Microsoft 365 workloads to understand the security and compliance functions for Microsoft 365 including hybrid environments. The MS-500 Exam conducted by Microsoft tests a candidate’s knowledge and skills in identifying threats and implementing response strategies that are needed to protect an organization’s data. Here are some key features of our MS-500 Exam Preparation Training:
- 5-Day Interactive Instructor-led Online or Group Classroom Training
- Highly qualified, experienced, and certified Instructors
- Case studies and real-life examples included
- Course guide prepared by Subject Matter Experts (SMEs)
- Practice tests to prepare well
- Industry Standards Course Completion Certification
- Microsoft 365 Security Administration MS-500 Training and Course adheres to International Standards
- Consultation through emails and calls available
- Convenient Weekday/Weekend Microsoft 365 Security Administration MS-500 Training Course schedule
Corporate Group Training
- Customized Training
- Live Instructor-led
- Onsite / Online
- Flexible Dates
|Microsoft 365 Identity and Services MS-500 Exam Format|
|Exam Name||Microsoft 365 Identity and Services (Exam MS-500) Exam|
|Exam Format||Multiple Choice|
|Total Questions||50 Questions|
|Exam Duration||120 Minutes|
|Microsoft Test Center||Pearsonvue Test Center|
Microsoft 365 Security Administration MS-500 Course Curriculum
- · Introduction to Exam-MS100
- · Key Takeaways
2.Managing Microsoft 365 Identity Access
- · Understanding Identity Challenges
- · What is Identity Governance Process?
- · Microsoft 365 Authentication Options
- · Creating Cloud Only User Accounts
- · Managing Cloud User Accounts
- · Deleting and Recovering User Accounts
- · Assigning roles
- · Creating and Managing Groups in 365
- · What is Privileged Identity Management?
- · Implementing PIM
- · What is Privileged Access Management in 365?
3.Password and Identity Protection
- · Managing Microsoft 365 Passwords
- · Implementing Multi-Factor Authentication
- · Planning Self-Service Password Reset
- · What are password alternatives
- · Using Azure AD Access Reviews
- · Overview of Azure Active Directory Security Defaults
- · Overview of Azure Active Directory Identity Protection
- · Using Azure AD Identity Protection
- · SSO Options for Microsoft 365
- · Working with Directory Synchronization
- · Directory Sync Prerequisites
- · Installing and Configuring Azure
- · Azure AD connect health
- · Planning Azure AD Connect for Multi-Forest
- · Managing Groups with Directory Synchronization
- · Overview of Azure AD Connect Security Groups
- · Understanding Identity Federation
- · What is conditional access
- · Overview of Azure AD Application Proxy
- · Setting Up Azure AD Application Proxy
- · Planning for device compliance
- · What are Conditional Groups?
- · Creating Conditional Access Policies
- · Managing External Access
- · Creating External Users
6.Microsoft 365 Security
- · Changing Work Place Threat Landscape
- · Overview of Microsoft Security Strategy
- · Using the Secure Score
- · What is antimalware pipeline
- · Overview of Zero-Hour Auto Purge
- · Spoofing and Phishing Protection
- · Microsoft Defender for Office 365 Safe Attachments
- · Microsoft Defender for Office 365 Safe Links
- · Overview of Microsoft Defender for Identity
- · Configuring Microsoft Defender for Identity
- · Using the Microsoft Defender for Identity Portal
- · Microsoft Defender for Endpoint
- · What is Application Guard?
- · Overview of Application Control
- · Microsoft Defender Exploit Protection
- · Using the Security Dashboard
- · Microsoft graph
- · Overview of Threat Explorer and Tracker
- · Using the Attack Simulator
- · What is Automated Investigation and Response?
- · Overview of Azure Sentinel
- · Creating and Using Azure Sentinel
8.Mobile Device Management
- · Mobile Application Management
- · Using Azure AD For SaaS Access
- · Managing Devices with Mobile Device Management
- · Overview of MDM Policies and Profile
- · Deploying Mobile Device Management
- · Defining Corporate Device Enrollment Policy
- · Enrolling Devices
- · Device Enrollment Managemer
- · How to Classify Data
- · Creating Sensitivity Labels
- · Using Sensitivity Labels
- · What is the AIP Super User?
- · Using the Customer Lockbox
- · Protecting Data Access in Office 365
- · Planning for Windows Information Protection
- · Implementing WIP
- · Working with WIP in Windows Desktop
10.Microsoft 365 Encryption
- · Overview of Microsoft 365 Encryption Options
- · Using Rights Management in Exchange
- · Using Rights Management in SharePoint
- · Comparing IRM vs AIP in SharePoint
- · Overview of Secure Multipurpose Internet Mail Extension
- · Using Office Message Encryption
11.Data Loss Prevention
- · What is Data Loss Prevention?
- · Creating a DLP Policy
- · Using DLP with File Classification Infrastructure
- · Monitoring and Notifications
12.Cloud Application Security
- · Overview of Cloud App Security
- · Deploying Cloud App Security
- · Controlling Cloud Apps with Policies
- · Working with Discovered Apps
- · Managing Alerts
13.Archiving and Retention
- · Activating In-Place Archiving in Exchange
- · Using In-Place Records Management in SharePoint
- · Overview of Messaging Records Management
- · Configuring Retention Tags and Policy
- · Using Personal Retention Tags
- · Overview of Compliance Center Retention Policies
- · Creating Retention Labels
- · Creating Retention Policies in the Compliance Center
- · Planning Security and Compliance
- · Overview of Compliance
- · Configuring Alert Policies
- · Monitoring Security Status
- · Building an Ethical Wall in Exchange
- · Using Content Search
- · Running Audit Log search
- · Using Advanced eDiscovery
Microsoft 365 Identity And Services Certification Benefits
Frequently Asked Questions
Why should one opt for training for MS-500: Microsoft 365 Security Administration?
The MS-500 Exam measures a candidate’s knowledge and skill in identifying threats and formulating response strategies in a Microsoft 365 environment as well as in a hybrid environment. Training for MS-500: Microsoft 365 Security Administration will help individuals learn about all the components of Microsoft 365 workloads including security and compliance.
What are the eligibility criteria for registering for MS-500: Microsoft 365 Security Administration Training?
There are no eligibility criteria for registering for MS-500: Microsoft 365 Security Administration Training apart from having a working knowledge of the Microsoft 365 workload.
What certification is provided after completing the training course?
Apart from earning the Microsoft 365 Certified: Security Administrator Associate certifications after clearing the MS-500 Exam, we provide an industry-recognized course completion certificate to the candidates after completing the training course.
What is the MS-500: Microsoft 365 Security Administration Exam all about?
The MS-500: Microsoft 365 Security Administration Exam is a certification examination to become Microsoft 365 Certified Security Administrator Associates.
Who conducts the MS-500: Microsoft 365 Security Administration Examination?
The MS-500: Microsoft 365 Security Administration Examination is conducted by Microsoft.
Who can take the MS-500 Exam?
IT professionals, network administrators, system, and security administrators who plan and manage the security and compliance for Microsoft 365 workloads in an organization can take the MS-500 Exam.
What are the eligibility requirements for taking the MS-500 Exam?
The eligibility requirements for taking the MS-500 exam are as follows:
- Candidates who aspire to become Microsoft 365 Certified Security Administrator Associates must have a working knowledge of Microsoft 365 workloads.
- They must have experience working in the MS 365 environment including hybrid environments.
- They must have skills in identifying threats, protecting user information, managing security and compliance in a Microsoft 365 environment.
What certification does a candidate receive after clearing the MS-500 Exam?
After successfully clearing the MS-500 Exam, candidates will earn the Microsoft 365 Certified: Security Administrator Associate certifications.
What is the validity of the Microsoft 365 Security Administrator Associate Certification?
The Microsoft 365 Security Administrator Associate Certification is valid for a year from the date of earning the certification.
What is the renewal procedure for the Microsoft 365 Security Administrator Associate Certification?
The Microsoft 365 Security Administrator Associate Certification can be renewed by taking the renewal assessment on Microsoft Learn approximately six months before the certification expires.
MS-500 Examination Procedure
Attend intense 5 day MS 365 Certified Security Administrator Training offered by Unichrone. Fulfil all the requirements specified by the Microsoft before the examination.
Apply for the MS-500 Exam, conducted by Microsoft, whilst filling up all necessary details. Choose the suitable date for the exam after paying the exam fees.
Get certified in Microsoft 365 Security Administrator after clearing the exam. You will receive an email confirming the status.
What our customers say
Very engaging course with real world context and wonderful examples. Helped to expand my knowledge as a direct result of it.
Super awesome faculty! The best part of the training was lots of real time case studies and interactive sessions. Learnt many new concepts.
Technical Director MCI Ltd
Interesting, Focused, Real life case studies. The material was a comprehensive presentation of Lean principles and Six Sigma.
Head Of Operations
Really interesting, a lot of knowledge about processes, in many areas and departments, helped to understand the subjects easily.
I opted for Instructor led Online Session. The training was very well executed. It was awesome and exceeded my expectations.
Register for a free session with our trainer
Faculty and Mentors
Our certified and highly experienced trainers are handpicked from various industries to assist aspirants with practical insights into the field, thereby providing a comprehensive understanding of fundamentals and complex terminologies
- Implement and manage identity and access (35-40%)
- Implement and manage threat protection (25-30%)
- Implement and manage information protection (10-15%)
- Manage governance and compliance features in Microsoft 365 (20-25%)