What is CISA Certification?Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) Certification is the benchmark credential for professionals in the IT audit field. ISACA’s CISA Certification demonstrates that a professional has acquired the necessary expertise in controlling, monitoring, and assessing the organization’s information security and business systems. Professionals certified with CISA mastering the latest techniques in IT Governance and security of information assets of the organization. Professionals looking forward to holding CISA Certification are required to fulfill the eligibility requirements set by ISACA and pass the CISA Exam with a minimum score. In addition, CISA Professionals are required to maintain their certification by earning CPE credits.
CISA Certification offered by ISACA is one of the elite credentials offered in the field of IS Audit. Individuals taking up CISA Certification are offered a wide range of career prospects that can be pursued on a global scale. This in turn entitles certified CISA professionals to earn higher salaries than their non-certified counterparts in the field.
The CISA Exam focuses on 5 major elements of information security and governance. This enhances the competency of individuals pursuing a career in information security. Candidates attending CISA Exam are required to attempt 150 multiple-choice questions within 3 hours and score 450 out of 800 points to attain the certification of CISA. Prior to applying for the exam, professionals are required to meet the eligibility requirements set by ISACA. Professionals also have the option of waiving off 1 year if they satisfy the conditions set by the Information Systems Audit and Control Association.
Key Features of CISA Certification Training
Unichrone offers CISA Certification Training across various nations to assist candidates in gaining a comprehensive understanding of IS audit procedures and policies. Our trainers possess vast experience in the field, thereby providing candidates with practical insights into information security. Professionals can apply for live online or in-classroom CISA Training sessions and attend the course for 5 days. Furthermore, candidates can know their potential of passing the exam by taking up mock tests prior to attempting CISA Exam.
- 5 Day Interactive Instructor –led Online Classroom or Group Training
- Course study materials designed by subject matter experts
- Mock Tests to prepare in a best way
- Highly qualified, expert & Certified Trainers with vast experience
- Enrich with Industry best practices and case studies
- CISA Training Course adhered with International Standards
- End-to-end support via phone, mail, and chat
- Convenient Weekday/Weekend CISA Training schedule
Corporate Group Training
- Customized Training
- Live Instructor-led
- Onsite / Online
- Flexible Dates
|CISA Exam Format|
|Exam Name||CISA Exam|
|Exam Cost||After 23 February 2018 Member - US $575 Non-Member - US $760|
|Exam Format||Multiple choice questions|
|Passing Score||The pass mark of 450/800|
|Exam Duration||4 hours|
|CISA Exam Center||ISACA|
CISA Course Curriculum
Information Systems Audit Process
- · Developing a risk-based IT audit strategy
- · Planning specific audits
- · Conducting audits to IS audit standards
- · Implementation of risk management and control practices
IT Governance and Management
- · Effectiveness of IT Governance structure
- · IT organisational structure and human resources (personnel) management
- · Organisation’s IT policies, standards, and procedures
- · Adequacy of the Quality Management System
- · IT management and monitoring controls
- · IT resource investment
- · IT contracting strategies and policies
- · Management of organisations IT-related risks
- · Monitoring and assurance practices
- · Auditability, Traceability, and Accountability of Data Events
Info Systems Acquisition, Development,and Implementation
- · Business case development for IS acquisition, development, maintenance, and retirement
- · Project management practices and controls
- · Conducting reviews of project management practices
- · Controls for requirements, acquisition, development, and testing phases
- · Readiness for Information Systems
- · Project Plan Reviewing
- · Post Implementation System Reviews
Information Systems Operations and Business Resilience
- · Conduct periodic reviews of organisations objectives
- · Service level management
- · Third party management practices
- · Operations and end-user procedures
- · Process of information systems maintenance
- · Data administration practices determine the integrity and optimisation of databases
- · Use of capacity and performance monitoring tools and techniques
- · Problem and incident management practices
- · Change, configuration, and release management practices
- · Adequacy of backup and restore provisions
- · Organisation’s disaster recovery plan in the event of a disaster
Protection of Information Assets
- · Information security policies, standards, and procedures
- · Design, implementing, monitoring of system and logical security controls
- · Design, implementing, monitoring of data classification processes and procedures
- · Design, implementing, monitoring of physical access and environmental controls
- · Processes and procedures to store, retrieve, transport, and dispose of information assets
CISA Certification Benefits
Frequently Asked Questions
How long is CISA Training?
The CISA Training is hosted for a period of 5 days
What is covered during CISA Training?
The CISA Training offered by Unichrone is aligned as per the course outline released by ISACA. The following elements are covered during the training course:
- Information Systems Auditing Process
- Governance and Management of IT
- Information Systems Acquisition, Development and Implementation
- Information Systems Operations and Business Resilience
- Protection of Information Assets
Do you provide online CISA Training sessions?
Yes, we provide live online instructor-led training sessions as well as in-classroom sessions.
Will I get a course completion certificate?
Yes, we provide a course completion certificate for candidates taking up CISA Certification.
What are the course objectives of CISA Training?
Individuals enrolling for CISA Training will be able to :
- Conduct audits of information systems
- Assess and evaluate the security of information systems set up within the organization
- Apply the latest techniques and procedures for securing information assets
- Gain an understanding of the major domains involved in IT Security
How will I benefit from CISA Certification Training?
The CISA Training offered by Unichrone provides in-depth insights into the audit policies and procedures for IS. Our trainers engage trainees in case studies and discussions which helps in gaining information on real-time scenarios. This further helps candidates to be industry-ready. In addition, Unichrone offers CISA Training in flexible modes internationally.
What are the costs associated with CISA Certification?
Professionals who have opted for ISACA membership incur a cost of USD 575 for CISA Exam fee, while non-members incur a fee of USD 760. In addition to the exam costs, individuals are required to pay an annual maintenance fee of USD 45 if they are ISACA members while non-members incur USD 85.
How soon can I retake the CISA Exam?
Professionals who do not clear the first attempt of CISA Exam can retake the test after 30 days have passed since the initial attempt. If professionals cannot clear the exam on the second attempt, they can retake the exam on completing 2 months since the initial attempt. Professionals can take up the exam for a maximum of 3 times within 1 year eligibility period.
Should I meet any requirements for pursuing CISA Exam?
Yes, professionals enrolling in CISA Certification are required to satisfy 5 years of experience in auditing, designing, controlling, or securing information systems as specified by ISACA. Professionals can waive off up to 3 years of experience if they have 60-120 university semester credit hours or a master’s degree in information technology/information security from an accredited university or 1 year of experience in information systems/non-IS auditing experience.
What is CISA?
Individuals certified with Certified Information Systems Auditor Certification validate their expertise in conducting audits and securing information assets for the organization. The CISA Certification is considered as a golden standard for professionals in IT Governance. With only 46000 professionals certified with CISA across the globe, individuals pursuing this certification are highly sought-after.
Why should I pursue CISA Certification?
CISA Certification helps professionals in IT governance to gain credibility among their peers and senior-level professionals. The certification is recognized internationally, thereby permitting professionals to pursue a career beyond the borders of their home country. In addition, organizations recognize such professionals who are competent to secure their informational assets
How can I become a Certified Information Systems Auditor?
The process of earning CISA Certification is as follows:
- Fill the application for CISA Certification on ISACA website
- Undergo CISA Training offered by Unichrone
- Register and schedule CISA Exam
- Prepare and take up the CISA Exam on the date of convenience
- Obtain the CISA Certification from ISACA website.
What is CISA Certification cost?
Individuals pursuing CISA Certification incur the following costs:
|CISA Exam Price Blueprint|
|Fee Structure||ISACA Member||Non ISACA-Member|
|CISA Exam Fee||US $575||US $760|
|Application Fee||US $50||US $50|
|Annual Maintenace Fee||US $45||US $85|
CISA Examination Procedure
Go through the intense 5 days CISA Training offered by Unichrone. Fulfil all the requirements, specified by ISACA before the examination.
Apply for the CISA Exam, whilst filling up all necessary details. Choose the suitable date for the exam after paying the exam fees.
Get certified as CISA professional after clearing the exam.
What our customers say
Very engaging course with real world context and wonderful examples. Helped to expand my knowledge as a direct result of it.
Super awesome faculty! The best part of the training was lots of real time case studies and interactive sessions. Learnt many new concepts.
Technical Director MCI Ltd
Interesting, Focused, Real life case studies. The material was a comprehensive presentation of Lean principles and Six Sigma.
Head Of Operations
Really interesting, a lot of knowledge about processes, in many areas and departments, helped to understand the subjects easily.
I opted for Instructor led Online Session. The training was very well executed. It was awesome and exceeded my expectations.
Register for a free session with our trainer
Faculty and Mentors
Our certified and highly experienced trainers are handpicked from various industries to assist aspirants with practical insights into the field, thereby providing a comprehensive understanding of fundamentals and complex terminologies
- Having one year of experience in IS or one year of non-auditing experience substitutes as 1 year of experience.
- 60-120 university credit hours can be substituted for 1 or 2 years of experience respectively.
- Master’s degree in information security or IT from an accredited university for waiving of 1 year of experience.