What is CISM Certification?
ISACA’s CISM Certification is one of the esteemed credentials in Information Technology. Individuals pursuing a career in Information Security can get certified as CISM and seize the career opportunities which comes along with the credential. Owning the Certification instills confidence and credibility among professionals which further helps to network with peers and stakeholders. Individuals certified as Certified Information Security Manager stand out from the regular crowd of professionals and gain recognition internationally. This further helps to earn higher salary packages than non-certified professionals in the field.
Individuals pursuing CISM Exam are required to fulfill the experience requirements in CISM domains and attempt the exam to acquire the certification of CISM. The CISM Exam is designed to reflect the managerial elements of Information Security. On receiving the CISM Certification professionals need to maintain the credential by submitting Continuing Professional Education credits. The CISM Exam is conducted for 4 hours, during which candidates are required to attempt 150 multiple-choice questions. The exam focuses on 4 major domains of IT governance which enables professionals to gain advanced knowledge in cybersecurity.
Key Features of CISM Certification Training
The CISM Training offered by Unichrone focuses on the domains of information security governance, information risk management, information security program development and management, and information security incident management. Aligned with ISACA's course outline, our in-house experts encourage professionals to engage in a wide range of exercises through CISM Exam Prep training. The CISM training sessions are designed to help individuals in gaining practical insights of the latest Information Security management practices. Unichrone provides live online instructor-led and in-classroom methods of CISM Training Course for individuals located across various countries.
- 4 Day Interactive Instructor –led Online Classroom or Group Training
- Course study materials designed by subject matter experts
- Mock Tests to prepare in a best way
- Highly qualified, expert & accredited trainers with vast experience
- Enrich with Industry best practices and case studies
- CISM Training Course adhered with International Standards
- End-to-end support via phone, mail, and chat
- Convenient Weekday/Weekend CISM Certification Training schedule
Corporate Group Training
- Customized Training
- Live Instructor-led
- Onsite / Online
- Flexible Dates
|CISM Exam Format|
|Exam Name||Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)|
|Exam Cost||For ISACA members USD 575 and For non-members USD 760|
|Exam Format||Multiple Choice|
|Total Questions||150 Questions|
|Passing Score||400 out of 800|
|Exam Duration||240 Minutes|
|CISM Exam Center||ISACA|
CISM Course Curriculum
Information Security Governance
- · Knowledge Statements
- · Introduction to Information Security Governance
- · Effective Information Security Governance
- · Governance and Third-Party Relationships
- · Information Security Metrics
- · Information Security Governance Metrics
- · Information Security Strategy
- · Information Security Strategy Development
- · Strategy Resources and Constraints
- · Other Frameworks
- · Compliances
- · Action Plans to Implement Strategy
- · Governance of Enterprise ITs
Information Risk Management
- · Information Risk Management
- · Task and Knowledge Statements
- · Risk Management Overview
- · Risk Assessment
- · Information Asset Classification
- · Assessment Management
- · Information Resource Valuation
- · Recovery Time Objectives
- · Security Control Baselines
- · Risk Monitoring
- · Training and Awareness
- · Information Risk Management Documentation
Info Sec Program Development & Management
- · Task and Knowledge Statements
- · Information Security Program Management Overview
- · Information Security Program Objectives
- · Information Security Program Concepts
- · Information Security Program Technology Resources
- · Information Security Program Development
- · Information Security Program Framework
- · Information Security Program Roadmap
- · Enterprise Information Security Architecture (EISA)
- · Security Program Management and Administration
- · Security Program Services and Operational Activities
- · Controls
- · Security Program Metrics and Monitoring
- · Measuring Operational Performance
- · Common Information Security Program Challenges
Information Security Incident Management
- · Conduct periodic reviews of organisations objectives
- · Service level management
- · Third party management practices
- · Operations and end-user procedures
- · Process of information systems maintenance
- · Data administration practices determine the integrity and optimisation of databases
- · Use of capacity and performance monitoring tools and techniques
- · Problem and incident management practices
- · Change, configuration, and release management practices
- · Adequacy of backup and restore provisions
- · Organisation’s disaster recovery plan in the event of a disaster
- · Task and Knowledge Statements
- · Incident Management Overview
- · Incident Management Procedures
- · Incident Management Resources
- · Incident Management Objectives
- · Defining Incident Management Procedures
- · Incident Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Procedures
- · Post Incident Activities and Investigation
- · ISACA Code of Professional Ethics
- · Laws and Regulations
- · Policy Versus Law Within an Organization
- · Ethics and the Internet IAB
- · Certified Information Security Manager
- · Certification requirements
- · CISM in the Workplace
- · The CISM Priorities
- · Understand How Questions Are Structured
- · Preparing for the Examination
- · Recommended Reading for the CISM Exam
- · Exam Favourites
- · Mock Exam Paper
- · Exam guidance, tricks
- · Previous Questions Papers
CISM Certification Benefits
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the duration of CISM Certification Training?
The duration of CISM Training is 4 days.
What will I learn during the course of CISM Training?
individuals who enroll for CISM Training course will be able to:
- Gain in-depth insights into governing information security
- Assess and evaluate risks involved in securing information assets
- Develop and manage a robust information security program
- Develop strategies to analyze cyber threats
How is the CISM Training conducted?
CISM Training is conducted in flexible modes of training. Candidates can choose live online instructor-led training or in-classroom training sessions
What is the advantage of CISM Training offered by Unichrone?
Candidates who enroll for CISM Certification Training offered by Unichrone can access the training material, participate in practical exercises and take up mock tests provided during the course. In addition, our trainers assist candidates to gain insights into real-time scenarios which helps in understanding the complex topics of information security
Who can take up CISM Training?
CISOs, IT directors, Security consultants, Security architects, IT managers, Chief compliance officers, security managers, and professionals who fulfill the requirements of CISM Certification can take up the training course offered by Unichrone
How is the CISM Exam conducted?
The CISM Exam is designed with 150 multiple-choice questions that focus on 4 major domains of CISM. Candidates have to attempt the CISM Exam within 4 hours and score 450 points out of 800 to receive the certification
What is covered in CISM Exam?
The domains covered in CISM Exam are as follows:
- Information Security Governance-24%
- Information Risk Management-30%
- Information Security Program Development and Management-27%
- Information Security Incident Management-19%
If I fail in the first attempt, can I retake the CISM exam?
Yes, professionals can retake the exam in case they fail in the first attempt. Re-examination can be taken a maximum of 3 times within 1 year eligibility period.
What is the passing score set for CISM Exam for obtaining the certification?
The passing score for CISM Exam is set at 450 points out of 800.
Why choose CISM Certification?
CISM Certification is considered as the golden standard for individuals pursuing a career in IT governance. The credential is recognized across various nations, assisting individuals to look for their dream jobs beyond the borders of their home country. Adding the CISM Certification to the resume distinguishes certified professionals from regular professionals. This enables CISM Certified professionals to seize the opportunities at an early stage in their career. Furthermore, owning the credential helps CISM professionals to be industry-ready
What skillset will I gain by pursuing CISM Certification?
Individuals pursuing CISM Certification will be able to:
- Acquire a comprehensive understanding of IT governance
- Align the information security program with business goals
- Devise, manage and evaluate the best-in-class information security system
- Implement the latest techniques while assessing the information security architecture
Who governs CISM Certification?
CISM Certification was launched by Information System Audit Control Association (ISACA). There are over 46000 members who own the certification till data, thereby increasing the demand for professionals pursuing the certification
What is the cost of CISM Certification?
Individuals taking up CISM Certification incur the following costs:
|CISM Exam Price Blueprint|
|Fee Structure||ISACA Member||Non ISACA-Member|
|CISM Exam Fee||US $575||US $760|
|Annual Maintenance Fee||US $45||US $85|
How to acquire CISM Certification?
Candidates pursuing CISM Certification need to:
- Fulfill the eligibility criteria set by ISACA
- Enroll in CISM Certification Training offered by Unichrone
- Prepare for and attempt CISM Exam
- Pass the exam with the necessary score
- Obtain CISM Certification from ISACA
CISM Examination Procedure
Go through the intense 4 day CISM Training offered by Unichrone. Fulfil all the requirements specified by the ISACA before the examination.
Apply for the CISM Exam, conducted by ISACA, whilst filling up all necessary details. Choose the suitable date for the exam after paying the exam fees.
Get certified CISM after clearing the exam. You will receive an email confirming the status, after which you can check the CISM registry for inlcusion of your name.
What our customers say
Very engaging course with real world context and wonderful examples. Helped to expand my knowledge as a direct result of it.
Super awesome faculty! The best part of the training was lots of real time case studies and interactive sessions. Learnt many new concepts.
Technical Director MCI Ltd
Interesting, Focused, Real life case studies. The material was a comprehensive presentation of Lean principles and Six Sigma.
Head Of Operations
Really interesting, a lot of knowledge about processes, in many areas and departments, helped to understand the subjects easily.
I opted for Instructor led Online Session. The training was very well executed. It was awesome and exceeded my expectations.
Register for a free session with our trainer
Faculty and Mentors
Our certified and highly experienced trainers are handpicked from various industries to assist aspirants with practical insights into the field, thereby providing a comprehensive understanding of fundamentals and complex terminologies
- CISA Certification
- CISSP Certification or
- A post-graduate degree in information security in a related field
- A year of experience in information security management
- A year of general security management experience, or
- Any other certification approved by ISACA in the relevant field