Does PgMP Certification Impact One’s Salary?
A July 2022 program manager salary survey in the United States is a reason for professionals to cheer up. The salary bracket of USD 122,062 to USD 162,803 could vary for genuine PgMP certified individuals. There is still a dearth of such individuals in the market for whom salary won’t be a bar to the employers. This is the right time to fill in that gap by making the most of one’s Program Manager Certification.
What Are The General Demands Of Recruiters In Hiring PgMPs?
According to a survey, 80% of jobs in program management call for a bachelor's degree as the qualification. 7.2% of the recruiters settle for individuals with master’s degrees. A diploma from high school seems adequate to 8.5% of recruiters. So, one can imagine the prime position of a PgMP-certified individual in the present job market. If the pay scale as mentioned earlier belongs to the non-certified individuals then what to speak of a certified professional’s good fortune? A detailed analysis of a PgMP Certification holder’s salary is right here.
This is how a non-certified individual’s remuneration varies simply based on his educational qualification:
|Educational degree||75th quartile||Median||25th quartile|
|Master degree||USD 116,000||USD 94,000||USD 68,000|
|Bachelor's degree||USD 107,000||USD 82,000||USD 62,000|
|Diploma in high school||USD 70,000||USD 47,000||USD 39,000|
Naturally, a Program Management Certification would be an excess qualification for an individual to fetch him more salary. Besides, one would become more knowledgeable and skilled than non-certified program managers. Not just education but the salary also increases with the increasing complexity level of program management. Such is the case with technical program managers. Their approximate average annual remuneration is USD 2,950,000.
Attaining a Program Manager Certification is fruitful given the forecast about job growth in this domain. Surveys reveal a 40% increase in demand for technical program managers around the world within 2027. This contributes to 2 million employment opportunities in the field of program management across diverse industries. Hiring such professionals has become a necessity for organizations to reach their business goals post-pandemic.
Does Experience Play A Role In A Program Manager’s Salary?
The table below exhibits the varying salary ranges regarding an individual’s work experience in program management.
|Experience tenure||75th quartile||Median||25th quartile|
|0 - 2 years||USD 88,000||USD 60,000||USD 45,000|
|3-5 years||USD 107,000||USD 84,000||USD 61,000|
|6-8 years||USD 123,000||USD 105,000||USD 84,000|
|>9 years||USD 131,000||USD 115,000||USD 96,000|
Not to forget the perks and equities that even non-certified program managers receive alongside their regular salaries. A lucrative pay package awaits those who have undergone training in program management. Individuals passionate about working overseas will benefit from getting certified in program management. Why is that so?
Listed below are the 2022 salaries from the world’s most potential job markets for PgMP Certification holders:
|Country||Salary in USD|
|United States||USD 140,000|
|United Kingdom||USD 125,000|
Working amidst the scenic locales of the aforementioned countries and continents is an additional satisfaction. Certified program managers are more skilled at designing program blueprints and project implementation alongside supervision. Such a herculean responsibility automatically fetches them an alluring remuneration.
Which Is The Most Sought-After PgMP Role In Terms Of Salary?
Years of experience along with PgMP Certification counts for individuals climbing up the rungs of the program management ladder.
|Designation||Average Remuneration||Experience (in years)|
|Head program manager||USD 4,100,000||17 years and above|
|Principal program manager||USD 3,600,000||15 years and above|
|Program management Vice President||USD 5,200,000||20 years and above|
|Senior program manager||USD 2,800,000||7-14 years|
Why Is There An Increasing Demand For PgMP Certified Individuals?
Organizations are willing to invest in employees possessing PgMP Certification. The latter are proficient in accomplishing the following:
- Leading enterprise-level projects that are relatively complex.
- Shaping roadmaps to drive the technology involved in the projects.
- Steering programs till their end to ensure desired outputs for meeting the business objectives.
- Supervising the work of project teams and their managers.
- Quick response and solutions to sudden issues.
- Detailed reporting of work progress to stakeholders.
- Efficient relationship management with internal and external faculties.
Summary Of The Factors That Impact The Salary
- As discussed earlier, experience is a crucial factor, and that too along with Program Management Training. This influences the entry-level salary compared to that of non-certified individuals.
- Geographical locations also play a role as seen in the aforementioned country-wise salary comparisons. Industries with greater demand for program management certainly offer more scope for earning.
- Last but not least, a program manager’s performance also determines his remuneration. This proves the significance of possessing a Program Management Certification.
Why Is High Salary Not The Only Reason To Become A Program Manager?
In addition to the lucrative pay, a program manager feels satisfied due to the following:
- Program managers have the liberty to choose related projects of the domains they have mastered.
- Exploring industries to one’s liking is the second advantage for PgMP Certification holders. Healthcare, infrastructure, telecom, IT, and manufacturing, are to name a few.
- Certification holders undertake PgMP Training that leads to their professional development.
- A program manager attains personal growth through interaction with an organization’s business perspectives spread across cultures.
- These professionals grow into powerful leaders by polishing their management and risk assessment skills with experience.
It is found that most company CEOs were program managers initially in their respective industries. Thus, one can hardly think of reaching such indescribable heights unless one opts for a Program Manager Certification. With business complexities increasing each day and remote working becoming a trend, such certified individuals are the need of the hour. This designation is way far from diminishing with time and so are its associated benefits.
From managing the performance of program participants to organizational changes, a program manager does it all. The impressive salaries of individuals involved in program management justify the latter’s consistent delivery of large-scale initiatives. Certified professionals are responsible for translating program strategies to manageable milestones. They are adept at confirming the readiness of organizations to such changes. Such individuals not only deserve lucrative remuneration but easily attain it for their exceptionally effortless stakeholder management.
This certification empowers a professional to create a risk scoring framework. Such individuals ensure that every program is devoid of risks. Their expertise in effective risk exposure measurement is a rare and most needed quality to be found. Naturally, such professionals are worth a million bucks to organizations worldwide. Thus, opportunities keep unfolding for them accompanied by attractive pay packages. They are adept at safeguarding organizational procedures and policies without compromising on the changes following a program.