An ISO 27001 information security management system is a systematic and pro-active approach to effectively managing risks to the security of your company’s confidential information.
The system promotes efficient management of sensitive corporate information, highlighting vulnerabilities to ensure it is adequately protected against potential threats. It encompasses people, process and IT systems.
An ISO 27001 certification can be achieved by any business of any size, in any given sector, which is looking to increase and enhance the company’s security of its data.
ISO CERTIFICATION – THE PROCESS TO OBTAIN ISO 27001 CERTIFICATION:
WHY ISO 27001 CERTIFICATION?
Information is an asset which, like other important business assets, has a value to an organisation and consequently needs to be suitably protected.
This standard will help your company coordinate all your security efforts both electronically and physically, coherently, cost effectively and with consistency and prove to potential customers that you take the security of their personal / business information seriously.
The main benefits include:
BENEFITS TO YOU:
- Cost reductions due to avoiding incidents
- Smoother running operations as responsibilities and processes are clearly defined
- Improved business image in the marketplace – customers have peace of mind that the company is trustworthy
- Assures data protection while sharing it to prepare inbound or outbound mails.
- Information security breaches reduce to a minimum thereby, enhancing the organization’s reputation.
BENEFITS TO YOUR CUSTOMERS:
- Working with a trustworthy provider maintains the company’s integrity in the safeguarding of its data
- Installs confidence further down the supply chain resulting in stronger customers/supplier relationships
- An unparalleled level of data security for the customers.
- Constant quality assessment of personal information shared with a third party.
- Prevention of financial losses due to unwanted organizational data security breaches.
- An enhanced trust of the consumers in third-party service providers.
- Privacy of personal data when third parties conduct business processes.
- Consumers stay rest assured that their data isn’t subject to abuse.
BENEFITS TO YOUR STAFF:
- Having appropriate access controls in place lowers the risk of accidental exposure to employees of confidential/sensitive information
- Reassurance that their employer is meeting data handling security guidelines
- Defines clearly and precisely roles and responsibilities, therefore, job satisfaction for employees.
- Continuous improvement in terms of improving and monitoring the organization’s information security management system.
- Creates a more transparent environment in their act of protecting data.
How Is ISO 27001 Certification Advantageous To Various Businesses?
ISO 27001 Certified life sciences organizations have proved their proficiency in handling product and patient data. This accreditation validates their expertise in assessing potential risks and controlling them to protect confidential data.
Telecommunication companies and internet providers hugely benefit from ISO 27001 certification. It equips them with high-end security measures since they have to work with bulk clients’ data all the time. By implementing the ISO principles, the data security systems of these companies keep cyber threats in check and reduce outages.
The main interest of IT companies in this ISO certification is to cater to the security requirements of their esteemed clients. IT support, cloud, and software development companies benefit the most from ISO 27001 certification. This accreditation renders them best suited for safeguarding any type of data shared by their clients.
ISO 27001 certification keeps insurance companies, banks, and brokerage firms legally compliant. Data protection laws are aligned with this ISO benchmark. Besides, the ISO guidelines prevent fiduciary risks otherwise encountered by financial organizations.
How To Acquire ISO 27001 Information Security Certification?
- The foremost step to becoming ISO 27001 approved is to incorporate an ISMS within the organization.
- The governing body for ISMS is formed.
- Key stakeholders and senior management should be included in the governing body of the information security system.
- Both internal and external audits have to be conducted to ascertain the active status of ISMS.
- Internal audit is followed by result sharing with the governing body for them to analyze and identify any issues.
- Then the external audit takes place, which is completed in two phases.
- The first phase involves an extensive review of the documented procedures and policies of the organization. A third-party auditor performs this task.
- In the second phase, the auditor conducts tests to examine the design and functioning of the enterprise’s ISMS.
An ISMS must undergo third-party audits each year during the 3 years of ISO 27001 certification validation.
No industry can do away with ISO 27001 Information Security Certification in this data-driven era. 114 controls are laid down by ISO 27001 to cover every possible risk area related to data security threats. That is quite a huge array of information protection facilities for any organization in any sector. ISO 27001 Lead Auditor Training is available to gather absolute knowledge of the regulations and their significance in managing information security. Trained employees spread awareness in an enterprise regarding the need for getting ISO certified.