Introduction to ISMS-ISO 27001 Family
Information is a valuable asset of an organization, no matter whether it’s printed or written on paper, stored electronically or sent by mail or electronic forms. Organizations take all the necessary precautions to safeguard company and customer’s information against data security threats and loss of information risks. An ISMS (Information Security Management System) is a centrally managed framework that modern organizations establish to effectively manage the threats and risks to the confidential data of the organization. An ISMS based on ISO 27001 helps the organization to implement an effective framework to establish and continually improve the security of private information. This is why organizations seek ISO 27001 Certification as proof of their adherence to best practices and recruit employees with ISO 27001 Lead Auditor Certification.
The benefits of Implementing an ISMS
The better your organization manages risks, the better prepared you are to face uncertainties. An Information Security Management System (ISMS) is a structured and systematic approach that organizations set up as part of their risk management. ISMS framework helps businesses to manage information security and secure from IT-related risks with its wide-ranging controls and diverse safety measures. Moreover, an accredited organization with ISO 27001 Certification proves that the organization’s ISMS follows international best practices, which will consequently increase stakeholder’s confidence to invest in your company. Know more about the benefits that organizations get by implementing ISMS.
- An ISMS is a combination of policies, processes and procedures and systems that help the organization manage cyber-attacks, hacks, data leaks and theft
- Implementing ISMS protects all type of information including print and digital formats of Intellectual Property, client’s personal information and company secrets
- The organization will be enhanced with resistance to cyber-attacks by implementing and maintaining ISMS
- Risk assessment and ISMS analysis approach accomplishes the function of defensive technology. So the organization will no more spend money on implementing defensive technology for reducing risk growth
- The ISMS system’s holistic approaches provide wide-protection to help employees of various departments understand the risks and receive security controls as part of their daily work practices.
- ISMS offers
- security against technology-based risks and protect confidentiality, integrity and availability of information with its set of policies, procedures and technical/ physical controls.
- ISMS approaches on risk management constantly adapt to changes both in the environment and inside the organization thus reduce the constantly evolving threats.
- By implementing ISMS in the organization, their only focus will be on the growth and development, thus ISMS reduces the burden of keeping an eye on the risk/ security management.
The importance of an ISO 27001 Auditor in an Organization
An ISO 27001 Lead Auditor before launching their career in security management, must undergo ISO 27001 Lead Auditor Training program to develop the necessary skills to perform ISMS audit by applying widely accepted audit principles, processes and techniques. As an ISO 27001 Lead Auditor, you will need to manage risks & security threats and competently adopt the responsibilities such as,
- Planning and performing security analyses to ensure a baseline understanding of the IT & OT infrastructures, products, solutions, service landscape and related processes
- Preparing ISO 27001 process assessments and co-coordinating with internal and external personal on the hacking activities on systems, products and services
- Designing tools to attach threats using state-of-the-art technologies and should be able to provide evidence if they are vulnerable
- Regular and effective communication with security architects and solution providers to converse on the security assumptions & requirements in order to improve their solutions
- Discussing with the stakeholders for driving cyber security improvement projects through the procurement lifecycle
- The ability to carry out analytical skills learnt from ISO 27001 Auditor Certification courses and use them to assist clients in implementing development measures
- Implementing ISMS approaches and procedures to identify the root cause of findings
Should I Become an ISO 27001-Lead Audit Certified?
ISO 27001 Lead Auditor Training enables you to develop sufficient knowledge to perform an Information Security Management System (ISMS) audit by applying widely recognized audit principles. During the ISO 27001 audit Training, the participant will be trained with practical exercises to master audit techniques, efficiently communicate with customers and to become competent to manage audit programs. In addition to that, acquiring ISO 27001 Certification Training in an institute will be helpful for you to score good marks as they train you with ISO 27001 Lead Auditor mock exam. Once you pass and receive the ISO 27001 Lead Auditor Certification you will demonstrate that you have the capabilities and competencies to audit organizations based on best practices. Therefore, if you want a fruitful career in internal/ external audit, you must undergo ISO 27001 Training.
The path to ISO 27001 audit Certification
ISO 27001 Lead Auditor Certification is an expert-level Certification. You will be engaged in a 5-day Training program with ISO 27001 audit duration of 40 hours Lead Auditor Training. You need to hold some qualification and experience to take up the Training program, ensure whether if you belong to one of the following fields,
- Information Security Management Professionals
- Managers, Professionals or Consultants involved in Information Security Management
- Expert consultants of an Information Security Management System
It is recommended to take ISO 27001 CICA Training and Certification for applying for the ISO 27001 Lead Auditor Training program if you do not meet the mentioned requirements.
Who should attend?
ISO 27001 Lead Auditor course is ideal for those who want a globally-recognized credential as an ISO 27001 Lead Auditor to move forward in their career. Managers who are responsible for the implementation and maintenance of ISMS can also take up this Certification course. Aspirants who meet the requirements and pass the exam can engage in roles such as Compliance auditor, Information & risk manager, IT/Information security manager, GDPR auditor, ISMS manager, Internal auditor, Information security officer and cyber security consultant.
- To understand the operations of an ISO 27001 based ISMS
- To acknowledge the correlation between ISO 27001, ISO 27001 and other standards and frameworks
- To understand the roles and responsibilities of a Lead Auditor
- To plan, lead and follow-up on a management system audit in accordance with ISO 27001
- To interpret the implementation requirements of ISO 27001 based Information Security Management System
- To expand participants’ auditing competency and increase credibility through gaining international recognition
What do the ISO 27001 Standards include?
ISO 27001 along with dozens of ISO standards are published by the ISO regarding the information security system. It’s essential to become familiar with the key sections of ISO 27001 before you attempt to pursue an ISO 27001 Certification in the lead audit.
- Introduction: Outlines what ISMS is about and the importance of drafting risk management methodologies
- Scope: Defines the requirements for ISMS to apply in all types of organizations
- Normative References: Outlines the relationship between ISO 27001 and ISO 27002 standards
- Terms & Conditions: Covers the terminologies used in the ISO standards
- Context of the Organization: Instructs how efficiently stakeholders can be involved in the creation of ISMS
- Leadership: Responsibilities of a lead in terms of uploading ISMS policies and procedures
- Planning: Outlines the business needs to recognize and address security risks & breaching threats
- Support: Explains the ways to raise awareness about the ISMS and assign responsibilities
- Operation: Describes the requirements, plans, controls and documentation of ISMS to ensure competent ISMS processes
- Performance Evaluation: Providesguidelines onmonitoring and measurements for the effectiveness of ISMS
- Improvement: Describes how the ISMS should be updated and improved continually
- Reference Control Objectives and Controls: Detailed annex of individual elements of an audit
Steps for Becoming the ISO-27001 Lead Auditor
Taking up ISO 27001 Lead Auditor course is just the beginning of your career so you must draft the process of becoming an ISO 27001 Lead Auditor carefully.
Ensure you meet the requirements for taking up the ISO 27001 Certification quoted by the authorized Certification body. You should have a total of four-year experience in information technology and 2 years should be on information security.
To take the ISO 27001 exam you must undergo a Training program during which you learn how to perform real Certification audits. When you join an organization and develop ISMS security policies, you will need to explain the procedure to your higher authority as well as your team members. In this case, you can’t simply do that without taking up an advanced Training from the ISO 27001 Training institute.
Pass the exam
The ISO 27001 audit course lasts 5 days with subject-matter Training. The fifth day of the course will be scheduled for writing the ISO 27001 Lead Auditor exam. You will crack the exam only if you study the entire Training program by putting considerable effort into it. Remember, you can’t take the examination even if you miss a single-day during the course.
For ISO 27001 Lead Auditor Certification, candidates must pass exams 1.RM101, 2.ISMS101, 3.ISMS102, and 4.ISMS103. The exam can be taken through on-line and CIS eLearning centre. You will receive the marks automatically once you complete the exam.
Gain audit experience
To become an authorized ISO 27001 Lead Auditor to lead the team members you need to have an experience of at least three complete ISMS audits. Why Choose Unichrone? Unichrone is a globally recognized ISO 27001 Audit Training organization. Our team of first-class teaching staff and certified ISO Lead Auditors led various ISO 27001 Certification projects and trained numerous professionals on ISMS implementations and audits across the globe. Any thoughts on joining ISO 27001 Lead Auditor Training program? Call us now.