The Lean Six Sigma Certification is one of the most valuable credentials for quality management professionals. These certifications have borrowed their progression after the progression level of expertise in martial arts – Lean Six Sigma White Belt, Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt, Lean Six Sigma Green Belt, and Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certifications. Earning one of these industry-recognized credentials will allow individuals to start working in the quality management industry. Individuals interested in starting their careers in quality management must pass the relevant certification examinations using the appropriate study guides.
Best Guides for Six Sigma Certification
In quality management, both Six Sigma and Lean methodologies are used to reduce the variation and waste in the business processes of organizations. Quality management professionals understand the impact of having sufficient knowledge of the Lean Six Sigma methodology to identify business problems and find the best possible solutions. These qualified and trained professionals use their expertise to improve the overall quality of the products delivered to the customers and add value to the business process. Study guides and books on Six Sigma helps aspiring quality management professionals learn about the terminologies, tools, and techniques for enhanced quality control and process improvement.
Here are the five best books on Lean Six Sigma that will help quality management aspirants prepare for the Lean Six Sigma Certification:
- What is Lean Six Sigma? by Michael George, David Rowlands, & Bill Kastle (2003) – This Lean Six Sigma book provides a quick introduction to individuals who are new to the various terminology used in quality management. It is filled with diagrams, illustrations, and real-life examples to help learners understand the methodologies of Six Sigma and Lean in an accessible manner.
- The Lean Six Sigma Pocket Toolbook by Michael George, David Rowlands, and John Maxey (2004) – This is an excellent reference guide that provides knowledge about at least a hundred quality management tools that can be used to improve the quality of the business processes. This book is designed to help aspiring quality management professionals understand the various tools used in quality management and their use cases for process improvement.
- Lean Six Sigma Service Excellence: A Guide to Green Belt Certification and Bottom Line Improvement by Gerald M. Taylor (2008) – Traditionally, the quality management methodology of Lean Six Sigma has been used prevalently in the manufacturing and automotive industries. However, the modern dynamic economy has shifted the focus on “quality” in almost every industry around the globe. This detailed Lean Six Sigma Green Belt book is designed to suit the needs of non-manufacturing sectors. It describes how the Lean Six Sigma methodology can be used to improve their business processes.
- The Certified Six Sigma Green Belt Handbook Second Edition by Roderick A. Munro, Govindarajan Ramu, Daniel J. Zrymiak (2015) – The certified Six Sigma Green Belt Handbook can be used as a reference guide for individuals preparing for the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification. The second edition is an improvement of the first handbook of the same name. Quality management professionals also use it to successfully conduct Six Sigma Green Belt projects for their organization.
- Six Sigma: A Complete Step-by-Step Guide by Craig Joseph Setter and the Council for Six Sigma Certification (2018) – This guide is described as the complete training and reference material for White Belts, Yellow Belts, Green Belts, and Black Belts. This reference and training guide can be used for preparing for the Lean Six Sigma Certification and start working in the quality management sector.
These five Six Sigma books can be used as reference materials for aspiring and existing quality management professionals. The Six Sigma Green Belt book mentioned above is a good starting point for professionals aiming for Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification. Since acquiring a Lean Six Sigma Certification is highly rewarding, quality management aspirants can improve their knowledge by referring to multiple study guides available in the market. Additionally, they can register for the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification Course to thoroughly understand the Lean Six Sigma methodology and get recognized in the quality management industry.